“We were the people who were not in the papers. We lived in the blank white spaces at the edge of print. It gave us more freedom. We lived in the gaps between the stories.”
—Margaret Atwood

Saturday, October 21, 2017

MISS UNIVERSE PHILIPPINES Q&A

Miss Universe 2010
Miss Philippines: Venus Raj, 4th Runner-up
What is one big mistake you’ve made in your life and what did you do to make it right?
  • Thank you so much, sir, for that wonderful question. Good Evening ladies and gentlemen, good evening Las Vegas. You know what Sir, in my 22 years of existance, I can say there is nothing major, major, I mean problem, that I have done in my life, because I am very confident with my family, with the love they are giving to me, so thank you so much that I am here. Thank you. Thank you so much.
Miss Universe 2011
Miss Philippines: Shamcey Supsup, 3rd Runner-up
Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person you love? Why and why not?
  • If I had to change my religious beliefs, I will not marry the person that I love because the first person that I love is God, who created me. And I have my faith, my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God too.
Miss Universe 2012
Miss Philippines: Janine Tugonon, 1st Runner-up
As an international ambassador, do you think, being able to speak English should be a prerequisite to be Miss Universe? Why or why not?
  • For me, being Miss Universe is not just about knowing how to speak a specific language. It is being to influence and inspire other people. So whatever language you have, as long as you have the heart to serve and a strong mind to show to people then you can be Miss Universe. Thank you.
Miss Universe 2013
Miss Philippines: Ariella Arida, 3rd Runner-up
What can be done about the lack of jobs for young people starting their careers around the world?
  • For the people who have lack of jobs, I do believe that we people should invest in education and that is my primary advocacy, because we all know that if everyone of us is educated and well aware of what we are doing, we could land into jobs and we could land a good career in the future. Education is the primary source and ticket to a better future.
Miss Universe 2014, Top 10
Bb. Pilipinas 2014: Mary Jane Lastimosa
What is the greatest advantage of being a woman?
  • The advantage of a woman is being able to compose ourselves, just like here. We’re standing in front of thousands of people…but we try to compose ourselves…tonight, thousands of people are standing here celebrating the beauty of a woman – and that is the advantage of being a woman.
Miss Universe 2015
Miss Philippines: Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach, Winner

Top 5: Earlier this year, there was a controversy in Philippines about the United States reopening a base in your country.  Do you think the United States should have a military presence in your country?
  • I think that the United States and the Philippines have always had a good relationship with each other. We were colonized by the Americans and we have their culture and our traditions even up to this day and I think that we're very welcoming with the Americans. And I don't see any problem with that at all.
 Top 3: Why should you be the next Miss Universe?
  •  To be a Miss Universe is both an honor and responsibility. If I were to be Miss Universe, I will use my voice to influence the youth and I would raise awareness to certain causes like HIV awareness that is timely and relevant to my country which is the Philippines. I want to show the world, the universe rather, that I am confidently beautiful with a heart. Thank you.
Miss Universe 2016
Miss Philippines: Maxine Medina, Top 6
What is the most significant change you've seen in the world in the last 10 years?
  • In the last 10 years of being here in the world, I saw all the people bringing here in one event like this, Miss Universe. And it's something big to us that we are one, as one nation we are all together. Thank you.
Ang parte na ito ay kinuha mula sa internet at pinagsama-sama ng awtor ng blog. Hindi ito nangangahulugan na ang mga ito ay pag-aari mismo ng blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular